Google today confirmed that Apple Music is now available on speakers and displays that make use of Google Assistant. That includes the company’s own collection of Nest products, too.
The move means that Google Assistant smart speakers can now offer more options in terms of music streaming, similar to those available via Amazon’s Alexa and leaving the HomePod and HomePod mini far behind.
Given Apple’s recent move of opening iOS up however, that might change.
Users of Google Assistant speakers can set Apple Music as their default music streaming service and then ask for songs, playlists, and albums as if they were using any other alternative.
The addition of Apple Music means that Google’s speakers now support pretty much anything, only leaving Amazon Music and Tidal out in the cold.
Google says that it’s rolling the new Apple Music support out to its speakers starting today, December 7. You’ll need to be in the United States, United Kingdom, France, Germany, or Japan to take advantage of it, however. It’s likely other countries will follow suit in due course, though.
The makers of these speakers are starting to realize that locking people into their own streaming service simply stops people from buying them, rather than makes people switch streaming providers. Now we just need Apple to do the same with its HomePod and HomePod mini.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 14.2 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.2
- Download iOS 14.2.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File For iPhone 12, mini, Pro, Pro Max
- Apple Releases iOS 14.3 Beta 3 And iPadOS 14.3 Beta 3 To Developers
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- Best iPhone 12 Mini Screen Protector: Here’s A List Worth Checking
- Best iPhone 12 Pro Max Screen Protector: Here Is A List Worth Checking
- Jailbreak iOS 14.2 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.2 The Right Way [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.