Apple is having a bit of a rough time of late, especially when it comes to battery life and performance. We all know that Apple has started offering discounted replacement batteries to those impacted by its decision to throttle devices if the batteries are found to be degraded, and now Apple has confirmed that the new iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X have “hardware updates” that should prevent similar battery issues befalling them in the coming years.
Furthermore, it would seem Apple is considering offering a rebate to those who paid full price for a replacement battery ahead of its decision to discount them to $29.
Starting out with its most current hardware, Apple responded to questions from Senator John Thune (R-SD) in a letter that was today made public, and it says that the throttling features added to older phones are not necessary on the new releases thanks to those hardware changes, allowing for improved performance management from day one.
iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X models include hardware updates that allow a more advanced performance management system that more precisely allows iOS to anticipate and avoid an unexpected shutdown.
Has Apple explored whether consumers who paid the full, non-discounted price for a replacement batter in an effort to restore performance should be allowed to seek a rebate for some of the purchase price?
In its response, the company said “yes, we are exploring this and will update you accordingly,” via a response from Apple’s vice president for public policy Cynthia Hogan. Apple has reduced the price of replacement batteries from $79 to $29 for the whole of 2018.
Earlier today, Apple released iOS 11.3 beta 2 which features new “Battery Health” feature, allowing those with older iPhones and degraded batteries to disable or enable CPU throttling at will.
(Via: The Verge)
You may also like to check out:
- Pokemon Go 1.61.1 IPA And 0.91.1 APK Hack Available To Download Now
- Download: iOS 11.3 Beta 2 IPSW, OTA Released For Testing
- iOS 11.3 Beta 2 Release Notes, Changes, Features: Everything New In One Place
- iOS 11.2.5 Jailbreak: Adam Donenfeld’s iOS 11.2.2 Vulnerability Could Result In A New Liberation Tool
- Download iOS 11.2.5 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For Your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
- Downgrade iOS 11.2.5 To iOS 11.2.2 For Potential Future Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 11.2.5 / 11.2.2 / 11.2.1 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.2 On iPhone X, 8, 7, iPad Using LiberiOS [Updated]