Nikkei Asian Review is reporting that Apple has communicated new production orders to its iPhone 11 production partners. Strong demand for iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro has reportedly forced Apple’s hand into ramping up production of the hardware by up to 10-percent.
It’s fair to say that Apple will have steamed ahead with the launch of iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro with full expectations that the range was a good product-market fit and that it would resonate with consumers.
With that said, it looks as though consumer demand is higher than even Apple expected with the Cupertino-based company looking to add approximately 8 million units to its current production plans. This is to satiate stronger-than-expected demand.
The Asian publication is citing sources familiar with the internal plans, with one source suggesting that sales “have been much busier than we expected” and that Apple has been “quite conservative about placing orders,” presumably meaning that the company hasn’t been skeptical about overloading its production partners with orders with the fear that it could be left with excess stock and inventory.
Interestingly, the report is also suggesting that iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro are the most in-demand units, with iPhone 11 Pro Max not proving to be as popular with consumers. This could be purely down to the price of the handset and the fact that it is the most expensive model. It could be that consumers don’t believe it offers value over the iPhone 11 Pro. Or, it could be a combination of factors. It’s rare that Apple has to increase production for the top-end, the highest-priced device in its range as that model generally appeals to a subset of consumers.
It’s worth noting here that this is really a tale as old as time as far as Apple and supposed “consumer demand versus stock levels” goes. Year-on-year we are privy to the same suggestion that Apple is going to ramp up production to meet demand. That’s not to say it isn’t entirely true but it’s worth taking it with a pinch of salt until we see some official statistics and numbers published by Apple relating to just how many iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro units have been sold globally.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 13.2 / iPadOS 13.2 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Released
- iOS 13.2 Beta 1 Profile File Download Without Developer Account, Here’s How
- Download: iOS 13.1.2 / iPadOS 13.1.2 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released For iPhone And iPad
- Downgrade iOS 13.1.2 / iPadOS 13.1.2 To iOS 13.1.1 / 13.1 / 13.0 / 12.1.4, Here’s How
- Best iPhone 11, 11 Pro Max Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- iPhone 11 / 11 Pro Max Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 11, Pro Max Tripod For Night Mode Long Exposure Photos [List]
- Install WhatsApp Web On iPad Thanks To iOS 13 And iPadOS 13.1
- Jailbreak iOS 13 / 13.1 Status Update [Continuously Updated With Latest Info]
- iOS 13.1 Jailbreak Update: Security Content Fixes And Patches Detailed By Apple
- Best iPhone 11, Pro Max Tripods For Night Mode Long Exposure Photos [List]
- Download Kodi 19 IPA / DEB For tvOS 13 Apple TV