Apple has a new web domain to add to the collection, but it isn’t one that you might have expected. As spotted by MacRumors, Apple is now the proud owner of applecoronavirus.com.
According to the WHOIS data for the address it seems that Apple picked it up this past Friday, April 10.
It’s registered under Apple Inc. and it will expire in a year’s time like most domain names. It was also registered by CSC Corporate Domains, a company that normally manages domains for big clients. Apple is already a customer of the company’s.
We don’t yet know what the domain will be used for, but it’s perhaps notable that it was first registered on the same day that Apple and Google both announced a new partnership that will see them create technology that will aid in the tracing of coronavirus carriers.
It’s possible that Apple will use this domain name for its coronavirus initiatives, although it could just be picking it up to stop anyone else from doing something nefarious.
We had previously expected the new initiative to live at a subdomain of apple.com, although nobody really knows what goes on inside Apple Park. Or in the current climate, inside the homes of the people who normally work at Apple Park!
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 13.4.5 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Along With iPadOS 13.4.5 Beta 1 Released
- Kodi 18.6 IPA APK Download For iOS 13 / iPadOS 13, Android Released
- Run Multiple 2 WhatsApp Accounts Number On 1 iPhone The Right Way, Here’s How
- Download: iOS 13.4.1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released Along With iPadOS 13.4.1 Released
- Jailbreak iPhone 11 Pro Max With Unc0ver 4.0.0 On iOS 13.3 Now
- Checkra1n For Windows Alternative: How To Use Ra1nUSB For iOS 13.3 Jailbreak
- Jailbreak iOS 13.4.1 / iPadOS 13.4.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Downgrade iOS 13.4.1 To iOS 13.3.1 For Checkra1n Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak