After initially announcing that the iMac Pro would offer availability “while supplies last“, Cupertino-based Apple Inc. appears to have officially killed off the machine. With immediate effect, the iMac Pro has been removed from Apple’s website as well as the company’s official Apple Store app.
Apple initially let customers know that the iMac Pro was going to be discontinued a few weeks back without actually saying the words and confirming the decision.
Since then, the iMac Pro has suffered supply issues and has been listed as out of stock a number of times on Apple’s sales channels. Now, however, it has been delisted altogether, signaling the end of the short run that the Pro model iMac had.
If for one reason or another, you had the iMac Pro Apple website URL saved, or if you choose to navigate to it directly, you get immediately redirected to Apple’s homepage. Apple is telling customers loud and clear that the iMac Pro is gone for good and shall not be coming back. References to the iMac Pro hardware have also been removed from the Apple website navigation structure.
When the decision was initially made, Tim Cook’s company allowed customers to buy available inventory of the iMac Pro but weren’t allowing any “build-to-order” options. It now seems that customers have entirely depleted Apple’s stock of the iMac Pro, which means it’s the end-of-the-line for the machine that only introduced in 2017.
General feedback for the iMac Pro was positive, with consumers who were willing to spend a bit more money loving the fact that they could get a high-end desktop with Intel Xeon CPUs in the same form-factor as the beautiful iMac. With that said, Apple’s refresh of the iMac range in 2020 brought it closer to the iMac Pro in terms of performance. The subsequent release of new MacBook models powered by Apple’s own M1 silicone has also meant that customers looking for power and performance have more affordable options to consider.
For now, the iMac Pro is still available in a refurbished capacity and through select third-party sellers who still have stock. But can you really justify spending that type of money of a machine that has been officially discontinued?
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 14.4.1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.4.1 Out Now
- How To Jailbreak iOS 14.3 With Unc0ver v6.0.0 On iPhone 12 Using AltStore
- Download Unc0ver v6.0.0 IPA iPhone 12 Jailbreak For iOS 14.3
- Want To Downgrade To iOS 14.3 From iOS 14.4 For Unc0ver Jailbreak? Here’s What You Need To Know
- Jailbreak iOS 14.4.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Tutorial]
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.4 The Easy Way [Tutorial]
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- Best iPhone 12 Mini Screen Protector: Here’s A List Worth Checking
- Best iPhone 12 Pro Max Screen Protector: Here Is A List Worth Checking
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.