Apple may not have given the AirPods the refresh we were hoping for last month, but the company did just revamp its BeatsX earphone lineup instead. With a new lower price but with most colors removed completely, it will be super interesting to see where this leaves BeatsX in the W1-equipped world.
Anyone looking to pick up a new pair of BeatsX earphones can do so from Apple, but only in black or silver with all other colors now removed from sale, including space gray, gold, white, and blue. The Black/Red Defiant BeatsX collection has also now gone the way of the dodo.
On top of the reduction in color options, Apple has also reduced the price of the earphones that remain available. That means that BeatsX that were previously on sale for $149.95 are now just $119.95, making them particularly attractive as an AirPod alternative. Both offer the same W1 chip and easy pairing and switching of devices, although the AirPods are truly wireless while the BeatsX have a cable connecting the two earbuds together.
It’s unclear at this point as to why Apple has chosen to take this route, both with the price reduction and the removal of color options, but the possibility is there that a lineup refresh is on the horizon. This may also include AirPods, so we’ll sit here with our fingers crossed until that finally happens, whenever that may be.
Apple is expected to hold some sort of iPad and Mac event this month, so it’s possible we will see a refreshed earphone lineup at the same time although we wouldn’t want to bet on it just yet.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 12.1 Beta 2 IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone, iPad
- Download: Windows 10 October 2018 ISO For Update 1809 Released
- Download Windows 10 Pro ISO File Without Product Key From Microsoft
- Fix iOS 12 Battery Life Issues And Percentage Drain, Here’s How [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 12.0.1 / 12 / 12.1 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Download iOS 12.1 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone, iPad
- Download iOS 12 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
You can follow us on Twitter, add us to your circle on Google+ or like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.