If you’re looking at your iPhone and getting ready for something new, there might be bad news on the horizon. According to a new report by Nikkei, Apple might have already delayed the launch of the iPhone 12. And it might even have been pushed back as far as 2021.
Apple would normally announce and release the next iPhone in September. That’s what has happened almost every year for a long, long time. But this year might be the odd one out, according to the report that cites a supply chain source.
“We have been notified to start shipping in big volumes to meet Apple’s new product launch by the end of August, instead of like in previous years, when it would be sometime in June,” said a supplier of components related to printed circuit boards. “The change was made very recently, and that could imply that the mass production of the phone could also be delayed for months.”
This could mean that Apple won’t release the iPhone 12 until as late as 2021, although a lunch in late 2020 is still possible.
Apple is reportedly concerned on two fronts. First, supply constraints might cause production issues for any new phone that would normally go into mass production in the coming months, despite Foxconn recently saying it was ready to go.
(Image: iPhone 12 concept in Navy Blue finish)
Second, Apple perhaps rightly believes that demand for a new high end iPhone would be constrained if coronavirus continues to batter the global economy. With people losing jobs left and right, when is the right time to announce a new flagship phone?
Probably not September, unfortunately.
You may also like to check out:
- Kodi 18.6 IPA APK Download For iOS 13 / iPadOS 13, Android Released
- Run Multiple 2 WhatsApp Accounts Number On 1 iPhone The Right Way, Here’s How
- Download: iOS 13.4 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update And iPadOS 13.4 For Compatible Devices Released
- Jailbreak iPhone 11 Pro Max With Unc0ver 4.0.0 On iOS 13.3 Now
- Checkra1n For Windows Alternative: How To Use Ra1nUSB For iOS 13.3 Jailbreak
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Downgrade iOS 13.4 To iOS 13.3.1 For Checkra1n Jailbreak – How To
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.