Respawn today announced a new event for the ongoing third season of Apex Legends. Called the “Grand Soirée,” the event is themed after the Roaring Twenties, with Pathfinder being the legend running things this time around, bringing seven limited-time game modes and a slew of new Art Deco-inspired cosmetics.
The announcement comes just a couple days after the battle royale game’s holiday-themed “Holo-Day Bash” event came to a close. The new event kicks off January 14 and will run for two weeks, through January 28.
You are cordially invited to two weeks of refined mayhem. We are pleased to offer fresh game modes every two days, from golden oldies to exotic new additions. Partake in a rollicking event prize track, earn exquisite rewards, and peruse the event shop for an array of Art Deco inspired cosmetics and outfits. Dress code: Formal Skins.
The arcade-style event will rotate between seven different limited-time game modes, with a different mode being offered every two days. These include four all-new offerings and three past favorites.
- Gold Rush Duos (Jan 14-15) – gold weapons only with two players per team
- Live.Die.Live (Jan 16-17) – downed players automatically respawn on teammates at the end of each round
- Third-Person Mode (Jan 18-19) – same old battle royale but from the third-person perspective previously referenced in an easter egg hidden within the game’s updated Training mode
- Always Be Closing (Jan 20-21) – the ring keeps moving without pause
- Armed and Dangerous on World’s Edge (Jan 22-23) – snipers and shotguns only on the current default map
- King’s Canyon After Dark (Jan 24-25) – the night-time variant of the original map returns once again
- DUMMIES Big Day (Jan 26-28) – the event’s press release doesn’t let on much about this mode but it seems to be a test of the AI built into another Training mode easter egg
Event challenges have been remodelled into a new battlepass-style “prize track system” that will see players get rewards by earning points. Points can be earned by completing challenges, with each of the seven limited-time modes packing three unique challenges.
The event seems to be one big A/B testing run for Respawn. The studio may be looking test as many ideas with its player-base as possible before the new season rolls around.
You can watch the event trailer below.
You may also like to check out:
- Checkra1n For Windows Alternative: How To Use Ra1nUSB For iOS 13.3 Jailbreak
- Download: iOS 13.3 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update And iPadOS 13.3 For Compatible Devices
- Download: iOS 13.3.1 Beta 1 OTA Profile, IPSW Links Released For iPhone And iPad
- Downgrade iOS 13.3 To iOS 13.2.3 For Checkra1n Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3 / 13.3.1 On iPhone 11, 11 Pro Max, XS, More With New tfp0 Exploit Will Be Possible Soon
- iOS 13 / 13.2.2 Jailbreak Tweaks Compatibility List For Checkra1n
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak