Adobe shipped the first version of Photoshop for iPad at Adobe MAX earlier this month. Not wanting to rest on its laurels or give the product a chance to stagnate, Pam Clark has already taken to the Adobe Blog to outline new features coming in 2019 and beyond.
Did someone just say Photoshop-based machine learning via Adobe Sensei and cloud documents?
With the release of Photoshop at Adobe MAX, Adobe unveiled a brand new Photoshop experience that had been entirely built from the ground up with tablets in mind. By building for a tablet with touch and mobility in mind, version 1.0 was able to hit the ground running with the integration of Photoshop’s “top workflows,” including compositing, masking, and retouching. It was Adobe’s belief that those workflows are central to pretty much all Photoshop projects.
Now, with the foundation in place, the business has announced what’s coming this year and what users can expect to look forward to in 2020. Before the year is out, Photoshop for iPad will be updated to include a new Select Subject function that uses “Adobe Sensei AI machine learning technology to enable you to automatically select the subject of an image to speed up complex selections.”
This feature shouldn’t be a surprise to Photoshop fans as it was actually previewed at Adobe MAX. Adobe seems pretty proud of this feature, quipping “there is no other iPad app on the market with this type of powerful yet easy to use selection capability.”
2019 will also witness the introduction of a new cloud document system designed to ensure that saving across multiple devices is seamless and powerful. Start a project on Photoshop for iPad and pick it right up on your desktop. This new system will start rolling out in December so get ready to have all of those tiny pixel changes synced to the cloud. So, what about 2020? We’re glad you asked.
In the first half of 2020, Adobe hopes to introduce the Refine Edge brush, and bring additional retouching capabilities with the unveiling or curves and adjustment layer options. The team will also smash out Lightroom integration in order to “deliver integration of Lightroom and Photoshop workflows on the iPad.” Plenty to look forward too in the coming weeks and months for all of you Photoshop fans out there.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 13.2.3 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released For iPhone And iPad
- Download: iOS 13.3 Beta 2 IPSW Links, OTA Update File Along With iPadOS 13.3 Beta 2 Released
- Jailbreak iOS 13.2.2 Using Checkra1n On Mac, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- Download Checkra1n iOS 13 Jailbreak IPA For iOS 13.2.2 On Mac [0.9 beta]
- iOS 13.2.3 Jailbreak With Checkra1n Update Likely To Come Soon
- iOS 13 / 13.2.2 Jailbreak Tweaks Compatibility List For Checkra1n
- Fix Cydia Crashing On Checkra1n iOS 13 Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Gold iPhone 11 Pro Max: Case, Lightning Cable, Wireless Charger, Band, Speaker, More
- Red iPhone 11 Accessories: Case, Lightning Cable, Wireless Charger, Band, Speaker, Much More
- Yellow iPhone 11 Accessories: Case, Lightning Cable, Qi Wireless Charger, Band, Speaker, Much More
- Purple iPhone 11 Accessories: Case, Lightning Cable, Qi USB Charger, Band, Speaker, Much More
- Green iPhone 11 Accessories: Case, Lightning Cable, Qi USB Charger, Band, Speaker, Much More
- Midnight Green iPhone 11 Pro Max: Case, Lightning Cable, Wireless Charger, Band, Speaker, More
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak