Apple announced a brand new Apple TV 4K yesterday, bringing a faster A15 chip and support for HDR10+ as well as a price drop.
But there’s one tidbit that has gone unnoticed — the new Apple TV 4K comes with a new Siri Remote that uses USB-C for the first time.
Beyond the addition of a new port type, the USB-C Siri Remote is identical to the one that it replaces which means you won’t notice any new features or buttons if you pick one up. But you will notice that your existing cable doesn’t work, with older Siri Remotes using Lightning. You can buy the remote on its own for $59, too.
The Siri Remote has the same beloved design and functionality as the previous generation and adopts USB-C for charging. It is included with the new Apple TV 4K, or can be purchased separately for $59 (US) starting today, and is compatible with all generations of Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD.
The new Apple TV 4K starts at $129 for a 64GB model that doesn’t have an Ethernet port. You can choose one that does, and get 128GB of storage, if you need it. The new streaming boxes will go on sale on November 4, too.
Apple also announced a refreshed iPad Pro and an all-new iPad during the same event, with the company also controversially increasing prices of the iPad Air and iPad mini across Europe.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 16.1 / iPadOS 16.1 RC OTA Profile Released
- How To Fix Bad iOS 16 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 16.0.3 On iPhone And iPad Status Update
- iOS 16 Compatible And Supported iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- iOS 16 Hidden Features: 100+ Changes Apple Didn’t Tell Us About
- Download: iOS 16.0.3 OTA Profile File, IPSW Links Released
- Download iOS 16 Final IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 13, Pro, 12, Pro, 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, Plus [Tutorial]
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.