Three is the new two as far as camera systems in mobile devices go. A new report from Japanese site Macotakara suggests that Apple’s 2019 iPad Pro could ship with a triple-lens camera system, taking inspiration for the company’s iPhone 11, set to ship later this year.
The online publication is citing sources directly within China, claiming that Apple’s next-generation iPad has the “possibility” of being released into the market with a “triple-lens.”
In this instance, the triple-lens reference relates to the camera mounted on the rear of the new iPad Pro. It’s an all-but nailed-on guarantee that Apple’s next iPhone – dubbed iPhone 11 – will penetrate the market with a revamped triple-lens camera experience, which means that it is hardly surprising that the same speculation is being thrust in the direction of Apple’s next Pro iPad.
If the speculation does turn out to be accurate then it is representative of an impressive jump in camera specification for iPad. The current model which ships globally has a single-lens 12-megapixel camera on the rear. The hardware is also limited in terms of the features which are exposed via the Camera app, which means that mobile photography on iPad Pro is nowhere near offering parity with iPhone.
Making that jump from a single-lens right to a triple-lens experience would definitely be a bold move by Apple, and one which would surely expose additional features on iPad Pro, such as Portrait mode shooting, which produces stunning depth-effect photos.
It is definitely not impossible to imagine iPad Pro shipping with this type of camera experience but whether or not the sources are accurate and Apple will do this is up for passionate debate. The iPad Pro user-base hasn’t been crying out for an upgraded camera experience. At least not publicly. And let’s not forget that the iPhone and iPad represent entirely different use cases, meaning that the iPhone is one of the most utilized cameras in the world, whereas the iPad is not.
Would Apple really embed this type of experience in a product which is cumbersome at best for photography purposes? Only time will tell but we would err on the side of caution in regards to this speculation.
You may also like to check out:
- Best Galaxy Note 10 / 10+ Plus Case List: Here Are The Must-Haves For Protection
- Best Galaxy Note 10 / 10+ Plus Screen Protector? Here Are Our Picks [List]
- iOS 13 Beta 6 Profile File Download Without Developer Account On Your iPhone Or iPad
- Download iOS 13 Beta 6 IPSW Links And OTA Profile Update
- Jailbreak iOS 12.2 Using Unc0ver 3.3.0 IPA
- Install WhatsApp Web On iPad Thanks To iOS 13 And iPadOS 13
- 100+ iOS 13 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [Running List]
- How To Downgrade iOS 13 / iPadOS 13 Beta To iOS 12.3.1 / 12.4
- iOS 13, iPadOS Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Download iOS 13 Beta 1 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]