According to a new report, Apple’s brand new 2018 6.1-inch LCD iPhone model will feature a “Full Active LCD” panel which would essentially allow Apple to deliver a device with extremely narrow bezels.
The report, published in the public domain by MacOtakara, suggests that Apple will use a Full Active LCD panel from Japan Pixels and that will come with a Japan Pixel Eyes touch sensor as one of the main selling points.
By utilizing that type of display panel, other manufacturers have been able to produce a device that has extremely small bezels – as small as 0.5mm on each side of the display – giving the effect a glorious edge-to-edge device which pretty much looks like a smartphone comprised of an entire visual panel. Currently, Apple’s flagship, the iPhone X, offers bezels of 1mm around each edge.
The report suggests that Apple’s new 6.1-inch device will feature a “four side narrow frame,” but there is no additional clarity on that what the site expects that bezel to be or if it will actually be noticeably smaller than what is currently offered with iPhone X. Previously, speculation has suggested that the new 2018 OLED models would feature narrower bezels than the cheaper LCD model but with the use of Full Active LCD, it would appear that the initial guess may not actually be true.
Apple has been thought to be working with Japan Display on this type of tech for quite some time but this would be the first model iPhone to actually benefit from the tech.
(Image: 6.1-inch 2018 iPhone)
And, of course, a report regarding Apple’s new iPhone range wouldn’t be complete without the article suggesting that the company is facing production issues. It’s being suggested that the “perfect product rate” is lower than Apple would have expected, which is causing internal concerns about whether or not the company will be able to satisfy demand come release day.
With that said, we see this type of speculation year-after-year and Apple continually seems to manage to satisfy those in the market for a new iPhone. With the days counting down until an official Apple announcement we simply don’t need to wait much longer until we see exactly what Apple has in store for the market.
You may also like to check out:
- Jailbreak iOS 11.4 Beta 3 On iPhone X, 8, 7 Using Electra, Here’s How [Guide]
- Downgrade To iOS 11.4 Beta 3, 2, 1 IPSW Download And Jailbreak Using Electra Now Possible
- Download iOS 11.4.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- Download iOS 12 Beta 4 IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad [Devs Only]
- Download iOS 12 Beta 4 Configuration Profile File Without Developer Account
- Jailbreak iOS 11.4.1 Update: Ian Beer Releases Updated iOS KDP Kernel Debugger But It’s Not What You Think It Is
- Download iOS 12 Beta 4 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]