When PUBG creator Brendan Greene shared the 2018 roadmap for the hugely popular game earlier this month, we were given news about a new emote system, additional game modes, and even new vehicles in which we will be able to cause chaos.
Greene also said that the developers were working on a new, smaller map measuring 4x4km, too. Allowing for a higher player density and as a result, shorter matches, the plan is that the new island map will allow gamers to experience “a much more intense and faster paced Battle Royale experience.”
Greene said that gamers would be able to get their hands on the map sooner than the desert map in order to allow them to better provide input for the developers.
At GDC this past Friday, Greene shared the first footage of the map in all its glory, complete with in-game action.
In a one-year anniversary video that was shared on YouTube just today, the people behind PUBG announced that gamers would be able to take the new 4×4 map for a spin as soon as early April. Now that PUBG is all official on the PC and the Xbox One version is in early access testing, the developers want to get back to adding new features to the existing game rather than branching out.
The move to smaller maps should give PUBG a defense against the ever growing Fortnite game. Fortnite’s map is smaller, allowing for the fast paced battles that the new 4×4 map is designed to bring to PUBG.
We will see come April whether a smaller map is all that was needed to get that Fortite feel inside PUBG, or whether further changes will be needed in that regard.
You may also like to check out:
- Play Store Location / Country Change On Android: Here’s How To Do It The Right Way
- Fortnite Hacks And Cheats On Rise: Here’s How To Protect Your Account
- Fortnite Mobile APK For Android Update: What’s The Latest On The Release?
- PUBG Mobile Internet Error Fix For iOS, Android Now Available
- PUBG Mobile Mod APK Download For Android Now Available, Here’s What You Need To Know
- Download iOS 11.2.6 IPSW Links And OTA With Fix For Messages Crashing Bug
- Jailbreak iOS 11.2.6 / 11.2.5 / 11.2.2 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.2 On iPhone X, 8, 7, iPad Using Electra Or LiberiOS [Updated]