When Apple holds its media event on September 12, we know with almost 100% certainty that there will be three new iPhones announced alongside a new Apple Watch and a refreshed Apple TV, but what we do not yet know is when all of those products will be made available to an expectant public.
It is a fairly safe bet that the Apple TV and perhaps the Apple Watch updates will be available via the Apple Store almost immediately, or at least within a day or so, but when it comes to the iPhone, past experience would suggest a week or more will pass before the devices are in stores.
This being the iPhone though, there will surely be a period during which pre-orders for at least the iPhone X/Edition can be placed, and according to a new report, that will begin on September 15. The report comes courtesy of German website Macerkopf, which cites two different carriers as sources for what it claims will be an iPhone pre-order window kicking off a few days after the big announcement, with September 15 being the date they shared.
This would tie in with previous years and we see little reason for Apple to alter its pattern this year. While the iPhone X/Edition is the phone discussed by the Germans, we expect that the same pre-order window will be in use across all of the iPhones announced on September 12, and while all three may be released simultaneously, previous reports would suggest that anyone looking to pick up the flagship iPhone will need to be quick off the mark. Stocks of the circa $1,000 iPhone are anticipated to be constrained, to say the least.
We have endured months upon months of rumors and guesswork regarding this particular round of iPhone announcements and as we edge ever closer to the big day, we cannot wait to finally have all of our questions answered.
Then we can get down to the business of wondering what will be announced in 2018!
(Source: Macerkopf [Google Translate])
You may also like to check out:
- Live Stream Apple iPhone 8 September 12 Event Keynote On Android, Windows, iOS, Apple TV, Here’s How
- Download: iOS 11 Beta 10 IPSW And OTA Update For Developers Released
- New In iOS 11: Share iCloud Storage With Family Members, Here’s How
- M4U Kodi Addon Not Working? Here’s How To Install It In 2017 The Right Way
- Download iOS 11 Beta 10 & Install On iPhone 7, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 10.3.3 / 10.3.2 / 10.3.1 / 10.3 For iPhone And iPad [Latest Status Update]