Apple has seeded a testing build of iPhone OS 3.1 to its developers. This version is for development and testing purposes only and should be installed on devices dedicated to iPhone OS 3.1 beta software development.
For those of you who are wondering about what’s new in iPhone OS 3.1 Beta build?
- Video editing on iPhone 3GS wont overwrite the clip over the original when you are editing a clip.
- iPhone will now vibrate whenever you switch to the mode where you can move and arrange icons on the iPhone home screen.
- “Fraud Protection” toggle has been added to settings under Safari.
- iPhone boot time is now faster.
- Voice Control over Bluetooth.
- New APIs to enable third party apps to access videos and edit them.
This new beta build doesn’t seem like that much of a huge update or a needed update to me, but these extra speed boosts and bug fixes are certainly welcome.