After it was revealed that Apple will move to delay some iOS 12 features in order to better focus on improving stability and performance, Bloomberg has now built on the Axios report and outlined exactly what it is that will be culled in order to make some development resources available.
According to the report, “flashier” features will now arrive in 2019.
Apple generally offers up some new, marquee features as part of its yearly iOS revision cycle but with iOS 12, Apple looks set to instead focus on making its mobile operating system an all round more stable, speedier affair than it currently is. With iOS 11 marking a new low for software quality, at least according to the vocal minority on social networks, Apple now looks to have taken the criticism on board. Unfortunately, in order to allow a focus on making things right, Apple needs to push some previously worked-on features out a whole year.
According to Bloomberg’s Mark Gurman, those features include a redesigned Home screen – something that very much needs to happen – and a new way of sorting photos based on new and improved algorithms.
While core features like the combined apps platform are still on schedule to be introduced this year, some flashier changes like the redesigned home screen will likely be held back until the 2019 software update, a person familiar with the matter said. The company will also probably delay a revamped photo management application that used new algorithms to better automatically sort pictures, though some smaller upgrades to the Photos app will still appear this year.
This does not mean that all new features are being dropped, however. Gurman says that one in particular will allow parents to monitor their kids’ overall screen time, with FaceTime video calling also set to receive some enhancements this year.
You may also like to check out:
- Snapchat++ Ban Wave 2018 In Effect, Avoid Third-Party Apps For A While To Save Your Account
- iOS 11.2.5 Jailbreak Update: Here’s What You Need To Know
- iOS 11.2.2 Jailbreak Update: Zimperium zLabs Team To Release Vulnerabilities In Apple’s “bluetoothd” Daemon
- Download iOS 11.2.5 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For Your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
- Downgrade iOS 11.2.5 To iOS 11.2.2 For Potential Future Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 11.2.5 / 11.2.2 / 11.2.1 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.2 On iPhone X, 8, 7, iPad Using LiberiOS [Updated]