iPhone developer iH8sn0w has just released a new version of iREB which is compatible with all iOS 4.2.1 devices. You can use it to bypass 1604, 1603, 1602, 1601, 1600 error in iTunes during custom iOS 4.2.1 firmware restore which has been created using either Sn0wbreeze or PwnageTool.
iREB 4.0.x/4.1/4.2.1 [r3] supports the following devices:
- iPhone 2G/3G/3G[S]/4
- iPod Touch 1G/2G/3G/4
- Apple TV 2
Here’s how to use it:
Step 1: Start iTunes 10.1.2 and put your iOS device into DFU mode.
- Connect your iOS device with your Computer.
- Hold Power and Home buttons for 10 seconds.
- Now release the Power button but continue holding the Home button for 10 more seconds.
- You device should now be in DFU mode.
Apple TV 2G:
- Connect your Apple TV with your Computer via microUSB.
- Now reboot your Apple TV by holding down Menu + Down buttons together for around 6 seconds.
- After reboot, immediately hold Menu + Play until you see the message in iTunes saying that Apple TV in recovery mode is detected.
Step 2: Now close iTunes and Start iREB RC3 on Windows.
Step 3: Simply select your device and wait for a few seconds until you get white or a red screen on your iOS device.
Step 4: Now start iTunes again and select your iOS device from the sidebar in iTunes. Now press and hold left “alt” button (“Shift” button on Windows) on the keyboard and then click on “Restore” (Not “Update”) button in the iTunes and then release the “Shift” button. Select the required custom .ipsw file and restore it.
That’s it! iTunes should now be able to restore your iOS device to the latest iOS 4.2.1 custom firmware without any problems. Hopefully you wont get any 16xx errors during restore this time around!