While we are all waiting for jailbreak tools for iOS 4.1 (based on SHAtter exploit) to release officially, a fake tool is floating around the interwebs under the name of GreenPois0n which is claiming to jailbreak all iOS devices from 4.0.2 and above. The fake tool is actually a very dangerous malware which upon running which steal passwords (though it is not clear if it steals passwords from your iOS device or PC). I repeat: it is not the real GreenPois0n tool which is expected to jailbreak iOS 4.1 on iPhone 4, iPod touch and iPad.
According to the security experts at Kaspersky:
Cybercriminals have definitely been riding the buzz around the supposed jailbreaking tool. It’s presumed to be called “Greenpois0n” and it’s expected to be released any day now. Not surprisingly, we’ve seen a number of fake “Greenpois0n” Trojans.
If you search for the Greenpoison on torrent sites you might be in for a surprise:
Fake jailbreaking websites are also selling the tool for as much as 40$. Please stay away from such websites as GreenPois0n tool has not released yet. Redmond Pie will inform you of the real GreenPois0n tool for jailbreaking iOS 4.1 as soon as we have information. Till then, do yourself a favor and stay away from any tools which claim jailbreaking iOS 4.x on iPhone 4 or iPod touch 4G. [via ZDNet]
You may also like to check out:
- How to Jailbreak iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod touch 3G / 2G, and iPad 3.2.1 with JailbreakMe 2.0
- How to Unlock iOS 4.0.1 on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G [Guide]
- How to Jailbreak (PwnageTool, Redsn0w), Unlock and Downgrade iOS 4.0.2 [Guide]
- How to Jailbreak and Unlock iOS 4.1 on iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2G with Redsn0w, Ultrasn0w, PwnageTool, GreenPois0n, and, SHAtter [Downgrade]
- How to Jailbreak iOS 4.2 with PwnageTool and Sn0wbreeze [Downgrade]