Here’s how you can download and install MeSNEmu IPA of SNES emulator app on iOS 10 or iOS 11 iPhone. There’s no jailbreak required for this experience to work.
Yes, you guessed it, this is yet another emulation experience that looks to bring some of those wonderful retro games to Apple’s devices without requiring any jailbreak. Formally known as SiOS, MeSNEmu is a Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) emulator app for iOS. Without further ado, let’s jump right in and get it installed on a non-jailbroken iPhone or iPad.
Step 1: As you may have already guess, this installation won’t take place through Apple’s App Store or via Cydia’s default repositories which means that we actually need to be in possession of the dedicated IPA file in order to manually go through the install process. You can download the MeSNEmu IPA file from here.
Step 2: With the IPA file download on your Mac or Windows machine, it’s now time to think about getting it onto your iOS-powered device. As mentioned previously, we aren’t relying on the App Store or Cydia for this install. Depending on the type of machine you are using and your own personal preference, there are two different routes you can take for sideloading the app:
- Official method – Mac only [Xcode 7 or higher]: How To Sideload iOS Apps Without Jailbreak Using Xcode 7 For Free
- Windows or Mac [Cydia Impactor]: Sideload iOS Apps On Windows, Mac With Cydia Impactor Without Jailbreak, Here’s How
Step 3: Once you have the IPA installed on your device, you are going to need to let the underlying system know that you trust this app. This is a necessary step because the app comes from an unofficial source which means you will have to trust it first in order for iOS to let it run. To do this, open the Settings app and head to General > Profiles & Device Management.
Step 4: Locate the profile associated with the MeSNEmu installation and tap on it. Tap on the Trust button in the middle of the screen and then tap Trust again when the confirmation alert is shown.
Step 5: You should now be able to exit Settings, locate the MeSNEmu app on the Home screen, and launch it without any problems.
Enjoy the unrestricted access to all your favorite SNES games on your non-jailbroken iOS device!
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 11 Public Beta 4 And Install The Right Way, Here’s How
- Download iOS 11 Beta 5 IPSW For Your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch [Dev Release]
- Download iOS 11 Public Beta 4 OTA Update For Your Device
- Jailbreak iOS 10.3.3 / 10.3.2 / 10.3.1 / 10.3 For iPhone And iPad [Latest Status Update]
- Download iOS 11 Beta 5 & Install On iPhone 7, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]