Apple has announced the roll out of v10.6.1 Update for their existing OS X Snow Leopard users. This new Mac OS X v10.6.1 Update is recommended for all the current Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard users and includes general operating system fixes that enhance the stability, compatibility and security of your Mac.
What’s New in Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.1:
- Improves compatibility with some Sierra Wireless 3G modems
- Addresses an issue in which some printer compatibility drivers might not appear properly in the Add Printer browser
- Addresses an issue that might cause DVD playback to stop unexpectedly
- Addresses an issue that might make it difficult to remove an item from the Dock
- Resolves an issue in which the Command-Option-T keyboard shortcut would sometimes bring up the special characters menu in applications such as Mail and TextEdit
- Addresses instances in which auto account setup in Mail might not work
- Resolves issues when sending mail with certain SMTP servers
- Addresses an issue in which Motion 4 could become unresponsive
- Includes an update to Adobe Flash Player plug-in version 10.0.32.18
The new Mac OS X v10.6.1 update can be downloaded and installed from Software Update in OS X or optionally from the standalone installer through the download link given below.
Download Mac OS X 10.6.1 Update