As we reported earlier, Apple has seeded iPhone OS 3.1 Beta 3 to developers. Not much has changed since the last build (Beta 2) which was released on 15th July 09. Some of the minor changes in iPhone OS 3.1 Beta 3 include:
- New enhancements to Core Audio has been added.
- Support for copy/paste of videos into email:
[Video Credit: WhenWillApple.com]
- Support for Instruments (on your Leopard or Snow Leopard OS X machine) over Wi-Fi instead of USB for developers to test benchmarks in apps for memory leaks, performance etc.
- Failover support for HTTP live streaming.
- Support for VM Tracker in Snow Leopard.
This version is meant for development and testing purposes only and should be installed on devices dedicated to iPhone OS 3.1 software development.