Apple today announced that watchOS 6 will be available to the public on Thursday, September 19th. It will be available for Apple Watch Series 3 and Series 4 models initially.
Interestingly, Apple Watch Series 1 and Series 2 owners will still be able to get hold of watchOS 6, although they will have to wait until “later this fall” for the download. It isn’t clear why that delay is in place, but it’s certainly an interesting tidbit. We can only guess that additional work was needed to get the update running smoothly on older devices.
The release of watchOS 6 will bring some new features to the wearable. A dedicated App Store, available for the first time on the Apple Watch, will be the most obvious. New Apple Watch faces as well as a Noise app will also be available as part of the update. Apple is also adding a new Cycle Tracking app to allow the tracking of menstrual cycles and more.
The following day, September 20th, is when the Apple Watch Series 5 will go on sale. Pre-orders are already available via the Apple Store online and Apple Store app for iPhone and iPad.
The watchOS 6 and Apple Watch Series 5 were both announced during a media event this morning. Other announcements included the new iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max. We also received confirmation of pricing and availability of two of Apple’s newest services – Apple Arcade and Apple TV+.
Stay tuned for more news from Apple’s September 10 event.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 13 GM IPSW Links & Install On iPhone XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- iOS 13 / 13.1 Final Version Release Date Announced By Apple
- Download iOS 13 GM IPSW Links And OTA For iPhone
- iPhone 11 Vs iPhone 11 Pro Vs 11 Pro Max Vs XR / XS / Max [Specs Comparison]
- iOS 13.1 Beta 3 Profile File Download Link Without Dev Account, Here’s How
- Download iOS 13.1 Beta 3, iPadOS 13.1 Beta 3 IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone, iPad
- Jailbreak iOS 13 / 13.1 Status Update [Continuously Updated With Latest Info]
- iOS 13 GM Profile File Download Link For OTA Update, Why Is it Not Available?