Lead Unc0ver developer Pwn20wnd has taken to Twitter to announce the release of version 3.1.2 of the popular jailbreak tool.
This update follows hot on the heels of version 3.1.1 and is the second incremental update to unc0ver’s “biggest update yet,” which came with the release of version 3.1.0 just two days ago.
It has been somewhat of a whirlwind release cycle for Unc0ver over the last 48-hours. To start off the pandemonium, the team released version 3.1.0 of the jailbreak app and quickly announced that significance of that release by calling it the tool’s “biggest update yet.”
As with most major releases, small issues are found and tweaks are required, which has resulted in version 3.1.1 and 3.1.2 being fired into the community in rapid succession to not only fix some niggles but also inject a few small changes as requested by users.
The official changelog for Unc0ver version 3.1.1 and 3.1.2 includes the following:
05/24/2019 – v3.1.1 was released for production with the following changes:
– Fix running root filesystem restore when not in the jailbroken state on iOS 11
– Add an option to automatically restart the SpringBoard once the jailbreak is done instead of waiting for the user to tap the OK button (Requested by a Redditor)
05/24/2019 – v3.1.2 was released for production with the following changes:
– Fix a bug in the settings user interface on smaller devices
– Add an option to hide the progress HUD (Requested by a Redditor)
So, it seems that as well as having bug fixes inserted into the build, those who request features via social platforms also have an opportunity to have their ideas injected into the Unc0ver jailbreak utility. This isn’t exactly an earth-shattering feature that will tangibly benefit all users but will definitely appeal to people who have the same train of thought as that Redditor in terms of wanting to hide the intrusive progress HUD.
As always, if you are using unc0ver 3.1.1 – which was released literally just before version 3.1.2 – then it is recommended that all users download and start using unc0ver 3.1.2 in order to get the most stable and reliable experience. And, of course, if you are passionate about hiding the progress HUD during the jailbreak process, then version 3.1.2 is what you will need.
All device owners can grab the latest unc0ver 3.1.2 release right now entirely free-of-charge from Pwn20wnd’s GitHub page for the project. With that said, if you are running one of Apple’s A12(X) devices then Unc0ver only partially supports those devices. For those, the Chimera jailbreak may be a better option.
If you haven’t jailbroken yet, check out our video tutorial below on how to jailbreak iOS 12:
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for more videos.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 12.3.1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Out, Here’s Changelog And Release Notes
- Download: iOS 12.3 Beta 3 IPSW Links, OTA Update Out Now
- iOS 12 / 12.1.2 iPhone XS Max Jailbreak Update Provided By Unc0ver Lead Developer
- iOS 12.2 Jailbreak Status: Here’s What You Need To Know
- Jailbreak iOS 12 / 12.1.2 / 12.1.2 Beta 3 With Unc0ver And Install Cydia, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- How To Downgrade iOS 12.2 To iOS 12.1.4 On iPhone Or iPad
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.