When Apple releases tvOS 15 to the world later this fall it’ll bring an unexpected feature to the Apple TV – the ability to authenticate apps using Face ID and Touch ID.
No, that doesn’t mean Apple is selling an additional accessory for your Apple TV.
Instead, Apple will use your iPhone and iPad as the method of authentication. Have an iPhone with Face ID or an iPad with Touch ID for example? You’re all set.
The feature was revealed during an Apple Developer session during WWDC, with developers able to add Sign in with Apple Device to their login options. That’s the bad news, because it means that Apple TV app developers will need to implement the new feature for it to be available to users. Given the attention some Apple TV apps get, that isn’t necessarily a given.
Apple will release tvOS 15, alongside the required iOS 15 and iPadOS 15, later this year. All three updates are currently in the hands of developers and a public beta program will begin at some point next month, too.
Apple’s new updates will likely arrive around the time we get new iPhones, too. It’s thought these particular iPhones could feature both Face ID and Touch ID, making this new Apple TV feature even cooler.
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 15 Beta Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Download iOS 15 Beta 1 IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 12, Pro, 11, XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- iOS 15 Beta 1 Profile File Download Without Developer Account, Here’s How
- How To Downgrade iOS 15 Beta To iOS 14.6 / 14.7 [Tutorial]
- How To Download iOS 15 Beta 1 Along With iPadOS 15 Beta 1
- Download: iOS 14.6 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.6 Released
- Jailbreak iOS 14.6 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Tutorial]
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.6 And iPadOS 14.6 [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.