Fans of Apple’s CarPlay can rejoice, because Toyota finally offers a brand new car with Apple’s in-car entertainment solution built in with the company announcing the 2019 Avalon at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit.
Both Toyota and Lexus are expected to grow their CarPlay compatible portfolio to other 2019 cars via its Entune 3.0 and Enform 2.0 multimedia systems, with spokesperson Brian Lyons confirming as much.
Unfortunately it would appear that Toyota and Lexus buyers outside the United States will have to wait a little longer before they can get their CarPlay fun though – support will be a United States only affair for now. In a statement announcing the new Avalon, Toyota says that users will be able to take advantage of a 9-inch touchscreen, complete with support for some sort of multi-finger input.
The system’s new 9-inch capacitive touchscreen can be pinched and flicked, just like personal mobile devices – perfect for pinpointing your favorite pizza joint. Its refresh rate is quicker, its voice recognition is more perceptive, and it better recognizes users’ gestures.
The bad news? Well, the Avalon implementation of CarPlay will be a wired solution, meaning that anyone looking for Wireless CarPlay here will ultimately be disappointed. Connecting an iPhone in order to take advantage of CarPlay is by far the least troublesome thing in the world though, so it should not put too many people off from embracing the feature.
Moving forward, both the 2018 Camry and Sienna cars already include the Entune 3.0 entertainment system, so it is expected that their 2019 counterparts will include CarPlay support when they are announced as well.
The auto show continues, with a number of other cars announced during the event that will include CarPlay support in 2019 including the Audi A7, Ford Edge, VW Jetta and more.
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 11.2.2 Jailbreak Possbility: Here’s What Is Known So Far
- iOS 11.1.2 Jailbreak Tweaks Compatibility List For Electra
- Download Electra iOS 11.1.2 Jailbreak Toolkit IPA For iPhone Or iPad
- Downgrade iOS 11.2.2 To iOS 11.2.1 Or 11.1.2: Here’s What You Need To Know
- iOS 11.2.2 Release Notes, Changelog And Security Content: Here’s What Has Changed
- Download iOS 11.2.2 IPSW Links And OTA For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
- Jailbreak iOS 11.2.2 / 11.2.1 / 11.2.5 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.2 On iPhone X, 8, 7, iPad Using LiberiOS [Updated]
You can follow us on Twitter, add us to your circle on Google+ or like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple and the Web.