Tesla CEO Elon Musk has taken to Twitter to claim that the upcoming and much-delayed Cybertruck will be “waterproof enough” to turn itself as a boat when it needs to cross a river.
While Musk did quantify that by saying that it will only be able to do it briefly, it’s still quite the claim.
Musk made the comments when posting to Twitter, saying that “Cybertruck will be waterproof enough to serve briefly as a boat, so it can cross rivers, lakes and even seas that aren’t too choppy.”
He went on to say that the whole idea behind the waterproof Cybertruck is that it needs to be able to cross a body of water between SpaceX’s Starbase and South Padre Island, reports Electrek. “Needs be able to get from Starbase to South Padre Island, which requires crossing the channel,” Musk said in a follow-up tweet.
Electrek notes that would mean the Cybertruck would need to be able to get across around 1,100ft of water at least, something that seems unlikely — although driving any Cybertruck anywhere is impossible right now. The electric truck has been delayed time and again, with the vehicle now expected to enter production in the middle of 2023.
Whether the Cybertruck will ever be able to do what Musk claims remains to be seen, but as we saw with his attempted buyout of Twitter, he doesn’t always follow through with what he says on the social network.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 16.1 Beta 3 Released
- How To Fix Bad iOS 16 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 16.0.2 On iPhone And iPad Status Update
- iOS 16 Compatible And Supported iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- iOS 16 Hidden Features: 100+ Changes Apple Didn’t Tell Us About
- Download: iOS 16.0.2 OTA Profile File, IPSW Links Released
- Download iOS 16 Final IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 13, Pro, 12, Pro, 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, Plus [Tutorial]
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.