Apple has today issued a release via its Apple Newsroom website to highlight the fact that Stanford Medicine has shared the results of the Apple Heart Study, something that was made possible thanks to the Apple Watch Series 4. With over 400,000 participants across all 50 states of the US, the study took eight months in order to evaluate the Apple Watch’s irregular heart rhythm notification.
“We are proud to work with Stanford Medicine as they conduct this important research and look forward to learning more about the impact of Apple Watch alongside the medical community,” said Jeff Williams, Apple’s COO. “We hope consumers will continue to gain useful and actionable information about their heart health through Apple Watch.”
According to the study, which was presented at the American College of Cardiology’s 68th Annual Scientific Session and Expo, 0.5% of more than 400,000 participants received a notification of an irregular heart rhythm. That not only shows that the technology was able to detect when something was wrong, but also that there was no huge influx of false positives as had been a concern for some in the medical world.
“As physicians, we are always trying to find ways to offer patients health information that is meaningful to them for individualized care,” said Sumbul Desai, MD, Apple’s vice president of Health. “Seeing medical research reflect what we’re hearing from consumers is positive and we’re excited to see Apple Watch helping even more consumers in the future while collaborating with the medical community to further research.”
Apple now positions the Apple Watch as a health accessory, and one that has already saved real lives. That’s not something that many off-the-shelf products like a watch are capable of claiming, and Apple is understandably proud of what it has achieved with the Apple Watch so far.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 12.2 Beta 5 IPSW Links, OTA Update For Testing
- Downgrade iOS 12.1.4 To iOS 12.1.1 Beta 3 For Jailbreak [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 12 / 12.1.2 / 12.1.2 Beta 3 With Unc0ver And Install Cydia, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 12.1.4 Using Luca’s WebKit Exploit May Soon Be Possible
- Download iOS 12.1.4 IPSW Links, OTA Update With Critical FaceTime Bug Patch
- Best Galaxy S10 / S10+ / S10e Case List: Here Are The Must-Haves For Protection
- Galaxy S10 / S10+ / S10e Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones