Sony has announced its latest Apple CarPlay and Android Auto in-car dashboard receiver. The XAV-AX8000 offers an 8.95-inch display, comes equipped with a touchscreen, and offers enough versatility to fit into dashboards offering limited space.
Sony’s latest CarPlay offering joins a number of other extremely popular receivers on the market.
In addition to the gorgeous 8.95-inch display, Sony is looking to differentiate this from the competition with a unique mounting system which allows the display to be adjusted in three different directions:
This media receiver’s huge 8.95-inch (22.7-cm) display seamlessly hovers over your dashboard and works in a single-DIN space. The sturdy mount can be adjusted in three directions to allow for flexible installation in a wide variety of vehicles. And with updated support for smartphones, you’ll enjoy safer and easier driving.
This new mounting system will mean that a new world of opportunity will be opened up to some people who wouldn’t otherwise be able to purchase this device due to their vehicle’s limitations. It comes with an integrated microphone for voice calls and voice-based input based on the systems preferred system, such as Siri for CarPlay and Voice Control for Android Auto. Sony has also ensured that the XAV-AX8000 offers WebLink compatibility, which means that it reaches a far wider audience than simply CarPlay and Android Auto users. It also offers an accentuated audio experience thanks to the advanced signal processing from the 4 x 55 W Dynamic Reality Amp.
Many people may have the luxury of buying a brand new car with Apple CarPlay or Android Auto already embedded within. Some may even pay extra for that luxury. However, for those who want to bring that experience to their vehicle post-purchase, systems like Sony’s new XAV-AX8000 receiver are the only real affordable and user-friendly solutions available.
The Japanese company has stated that the XAV-AX8000 should launch in the United States during this coming December 2019. Passionate car owners will be able to pick the head unit up for a price of around $599.99. This is one such product which is going to appeal those aftermarket enthusiasts who want to retrofit the CarPlay or Android Auto experience to their vehicle. Keep an eye out for this in December!
You may also like to check out:
- Best Galaxy Note 10 / 10+ Plus Case List: Here Are The Must-Haves For Protection
- Best Galaxy Note 10 / 10+ Plus Screen Protector? Here Are Our Picks [List]
- iOS 13 Beta 6 Profile File Download Without Developer Account On Your iPhone Or iPad
- Download iOS 13 Beta 6 IPSW Links And OTA Profile Update
- Jailbreak iOS 12.2 Using Unc0ver 3.3.0 IPA
- Install WhatsApp Web On iPad Thanks To iOS 13 And iPadOS 13
- 100+ iOS 13 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [Running List]
- How To Downgrade iOS 13 / iPadOS 13 Beta To iOS 12.3.1 / 12.4
- iOS 13, iPadOS Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Download iOS 13 Beta 1 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]