iPhone developer and hacker ih8sn0w has updated Sn0wbreeze to version 2.5.1, bringing full support for jailbreaking Apple TV 2G, Animate (animated boot logos) by the Chronic Dev Team, Cydia 1.1.1 and other bug fixes.
Full change log is as follows:
* Cydia 1.1.1 is now pre-installed.
* iPhone 3GS users can now flash the iPad 06.15.00 baseband.
* Animate (Animated Boot Logos) by the Chronic Dev-Team is now supported.
* Added afc2 * Apple TV 2 is now fully supported.
* Added Apple TV 2 DFU Instructions.
* YouTube issues resolved on hacktivated devices.
* iPhone 3GS old-bootrom issues fixed (Error 37).
Instructions for jailbreaking iOS 4.3.1 untethered using this new version of Sn0wbreeze are exactly similar to the last release. Simply download Sn0wbreeze 2.5.1 from here, and then follow our detailed step by step guide posted here to jailbreak iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod touch 4G / 3G, Apple TV 2G and iPad running the latest iOS 4.3.1 firmware.
Mac user? no problem. We have already covered extensive tutorials on how to jailbreak iOS 4.3 using PwnageTool:
- How to Jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 on iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad, iPod touch (Untethered)
- How to Jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 on iPhone 4 (Tethered)
- How to Jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 on iPhone 3GS (New and Old Bootrom) (Tethered)
- How to Jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 on iPad (Tethered)
- How to Jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 on iPod touch 4G and 3G (Tethered)
Unlocking iOS 4.3.1:
Ultrasn0w 1.2 is broken on iOS 4.3.1. Wait for the Dev-Team to push new version of Ultrasn0w to unlock your iPhone (compatible basebands: 01.59.00 / 04.26.08 / 05.11.07 / 05.12.01 / 05.13.04 / 06.15.00). Temporarily, you can install Ultrasn0w fixer from djayb6.com repository in Cydia to get Ultrasn0w unlock working on iOS 4.3.1 (old baseband only).