According to a new report by TrendForce, global smartphone sales for the second half of 2017 were weaker than had been expected, with growth now expected to slow to 2.8% during 2018.
TrendForce also now believe that there will be “only two international brands with a clear future of growth in 2018.”
As you might expect, Apple is one of those two brands, thanks to technologies like Face ID.
Apple remained the second place in the ranking of smartphone production for 2017. For this year, Apple is set to launch three new flagship models in 3Q18, and will expand the adoption of Face ID and all-screen technology in these new iPhones, along with upgrading their existing functions and increasing the memory content as well.
According to TrendForce, iPhone’s annual production volume is expected to increase by 6% because of improved specifications of new iPhones and Apple’s expansion in Indian market.
What may be more surprising is the belief that the other major winner this year will be Nokia, with the firm striking a partnership in India that will see the company not only shift handsets, but also save on tax because the phones are actually made in the same country.
Nokia’s partnership with HMD and FIH Mobile had a new start in 2017, recording a production volume of 11.5 million units in the debut year. Nokia will not only benefit from bargaining power of FIH Mobile, but also save the import tariff because the plants are located in India. As the result, Nokia is expected to continue the growth momentum this year in the mid and low-end smartphone market where cost pressures are extremely high.
As for Samsung, the belief is that production volume will fall around 5% year-on-year, with TrendForce of the belief that it is the firm’s lower end A and J series devices that are proving popular rather than the flagship devices aimed at competing with the iPhones of this world, though the company is predicted to remain at the top of the smartphone production ladder.
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 11.2.5 Jailbreak: Update On Where Things Stand And What To Expect Going Forward?
- Hide Photos On iOS 11 iPhone With Password Without Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Download: Pokemon Go 1.61.2 For iOS, 0.91.2 APK For Android Rolling Out
- iOS 12 Beta Download, Rumors, Features, Release Date [Everything We Know So Far]
- Download iOS 11.2.5 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For Your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
- Downgrade iOS 11.2.5 To iOS 11.2.2 For Potential Future Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 11.2.5 / 11.2.2 / 11.2.1 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.2 On iPhone X, 8, 7, iPad Using LiberiOS [Updated]