Well-placed technology analyst Ming-Chi Kuo has made a slew of new predictions, this time focusing on Apple’s 2020 iPhone.
Apple’s 2019 iPhone is set to be announced at a dedicated event next week, but Kuo’s latest research note suggests next year’s model will come with an overhauled aesthetic as well as offering expected 5G support.
As part of his latest research note, the ever-reliable analyst has suggested that Apple’s 2020 iPhone lineup will focus on improving the experience in three key areas, with these being the overall physical design of the handset, impressive camera upgrades and improvements, and the aforementioned embedding of 5G support for next-generation cellular activity. Kuo expects the combination of these improvements to drive impressive year-on-year growth for Apple and its iPhone range.
All of the predictions sound feasible, and, in all honesty, expected when you consider where we are currently at with iPhone and what we expect to be announced at next week’s Apple event. The analyst doesn’t appear to have any additional solid details about the predictions and didn’t provide any additional details on what that design overhaul may look like. Where the camera experience is concerned, Kuo has previously suggested that he sees a time in Apple’s future where time of flight (ToF) sensors could be used in iPhone’s rear cameras. It’s very possible that those changes could feature in Apple’s 2020 iPhone.
The suggestion that Apple’s 2020 iPhone will include support for 5G is, quite simply, common sense. Most consumers will expect any device launched in the final quarter of 2020 to have 5G support and Apple will only be harming its own chances in the ever-competitive smartphone landscape if it doesn’t offer that. Parking next year’s iPhone, Kuo has also made some additional predictions about iPhone 11.
It’s widely accepted that this year’s Apple flagship will ship with ultra-wideband (UWB) technology in order to work harmoniously with other Apple tech in order to improve indoor mapping and to offer what he is calling an “innovative user experience” from a mapping perspective. Only time will tell if these predictions have any basis in reality but there is nothing in the research note that sounds unreasonable or beyond expectations which are already in place.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 13.1 Beta 2 IPSW Link And OTA Update For iPhone, iPadOS 13.1 Beta 2 For iPad
- How To Jailbreak iOS 12.4 On iPhone X, XS Max, XR, iPad Pro And More Using Unc0ver
- Downgrade iOS 12.4.1 To 12.4 For Jailbreak While Apple Is Still Signing The Firmware
- How To Jailbreak iOS 12.4 Using Unc0ver 3.5.x [Tutorial]
- Download: iOS 12.4.1 IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad Released
- Best Galaxy Note 10 / 10+ Plus Case List: Here Are The Must-Haves For Protection
- Best Galaxy Note 10 / 10+ Plus Screen Protector? Here Are Our Picks [List]
- Jailbreak iOS 12.4.1 By Downgrading And Jailbreaking iOS 12.4, Here’s How
- Download iOS 13 Beta 1 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]