The return of Touch ID is something that has been rumored on and off in recent months, and now a new report by Bloomberg claims that it may arrive as soon as 2020. But it won’t also mean the return of the Home button. Instead, the fingerprint scanner will be underneath the iPhone’s screen.
The feature also won’t replace Face ID, with Bloomberg saying that both features will be available on the same iPhone. However, the report does also say that the feature may slip to 2021, which suggests confidence isn’t high. That timeframe would also better match a similar report by analyst Ming-Chi Kuo that said that an iPhone with both Face ID and Touch ID would ship in 2021.
The combination of both Face ID and Touch ID in a single device would definitely lend itself to a more complete security solution. There are times where Face ID simply isn’t reliable, such as in direct sunlight, and Touch ID would be a better option. Having both security measures available would certainly be of benefit.
The integration of the Touch ID fingerprint sensor into the display also makes plenty of sense. There are already a number of Android devices on the market that offer the same kind of thing, but Apple would no doubt not want to ship such a feature until it was absolutely sure of its reliability and security.
Regardless of whether the new Touch ID + Face ID phone comes in 2020 or 2021, it definitely isn’t coming next week. Apple’s 2019 iPhones will be announced on September 10th, and it looks set to be a big one.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 13.1 Beta 2 IPSW Link And OTA Update For iPhone, iPadOS 13.1 Beta 2 For iPad
- How To Jailbreak iOS 12.4 On iPhone X, XS Max, XR, iPad Pro And More Using Unc0ver
- Downgrade iOS 12.4.1 To 12.4 For Jailbreak While Apple Is Still Signing The Firmware
- How To Jailbreak iOS 12.4 Using Unc0ver 3.5.x [Tutorial]
- Download: iOS 12.4.1 IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad Released
- Best Galaxy Note 10 / 10+ Plus Case List: Here Are The Must-Haves For Protection
- Best Galaxy Note 10 / 10+ Plus Screen Protector? Here Are Our Picks [List]
- Jailbreak iOS 12.4.1 By Downgrading And Jailbreaking iOS 12.4, Here’s How
- Download iOS 13 Beta 1 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.