Tesla’s first big all electric sports car competitor is here in the form of the Porsche Taycan. The car has been teased for a long time and Porsche unveiled it at three events that took place in Canada, Germany, and China.
The new Taycan will be available in two different configurations. The Taycan Turbo and Taycan Turbo S are the launch options, although the Taycan’s base model and Taycan 4S are expected later this year.
The design of the new car is akin to the Mission E sedan that we’ve been lusting over and it’s certainly a handsome car. The real interest will be in performance, however, and the numbers are impressive.
The Taycan Turbo S, with Launch Control enabled, can reach 60mph from a standstill in just 2.6 seconds. The Taycan Turbo will do the same in 3.0 seconds. That’s super-fast no matter how you slice it.
That’s all made possible thanks to two electric motors with the one at the front offering 190kW for the Turbo S and the Turbo able to output 175kW. Both models have a 335kW rear motor.
Range-wise you can expect the Turbo S to be good for around 250 miles under a single charge, with the Turbo able to go a little longer. That’s a shorter range than some Tesla models, although this is of course a Porsche. If the brand name, and no doubt the improved cabin and exterior quality is important, range might be worth giving up.
Of course, there’s the price to consider, too. The Taycan Turbo starts at a shade over $150,000 while the Turbo S will cost $185,000. Those are huge numbers. But this is a lot of EV. We just wish we could afford one.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 13.1 Beta 2 IPSW Link And OTA Update For iPhone, iPadOS 13.1 Beta 2 For iPad
- How To Jailbreak iOS 12.4 On iPhone X, XS Max, XR, iPad Pro And More Using Unc0ver
- Downgrade iOS 12.4.1 To 12.4 For Jailbreak While Apple Is Still Signing The Firmware
- How To Jailbreak iOS 12.4 Using Unc0ver 3.5.x [Tutorial]
- Download: iOS 12.4.1 IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad Released
- Best Galaxy Note 10 / 10+ Plus Case List: Here Are The Must-Haves For Protection
- Best Galaxy Note 10 / 10+ Plus Screen Protector? Here Are Our Picks [List]
- Jailbreak iOS 12.4.1 By Downgrading And Jailbreaking iOS 12.4, Here’s How
- Download iOS 13 Beta 1 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]