Sneaker-heads have something new to look forward to, and this time it will scratch their technology itch at the same time. Nike has announced the latest shoe to use its FitAdapt technology, with the new Nike Adapt BB shoes featuring the company’s all-new power-lacing system.
The power-lacing system uses a custom-made motor in the sole of the shoe to sense the tension needed and then adjust accordingly. That, the theory goes, will ensure snug fit at all times. If the wearer wants to take control themselves, buttons on the side of the shoe can be used to loosen or tighten the laces, and there’s a phone app that can also be used to achieve the same thing.
While not yet available, Nike says that wearers will soon also be able to configure different lacing levels of tightness, specific for warming up ahead of a basketball game.
All of this is made possible by an included 505mAh battery that will apparently last between 10 and 20 days before it needs recharging, and when it does, the shoes need only be placed on Nike’s compatible Qi charger, with a full charge achieved in around three hours.
None of this is going to come cheap, though, with Nike’s new Adapt BB shoes set to cost a whopping $350 when they go one sale on February 16th via the company’s own online store. Whether stock will be able to match demand however, remains to be seen.
So, will you be lining up for your own pair of the new smart sneakers?
You may also like to check out:
- Jailbreak iOS 12.1.2: New Jailbreak Exploit On Horizon Once Patched In 12.1.3 Update
- Download iOS 12.1.3 Beta 3 IPSW Links And OTA Update
- Download iOS 12.1.2 16C104 IPSW Links, OTA For iPhone XS, Max, XR, X And More
- How To Downgrade iOS 12.1.2 To iOS 12.1 / iOS 12.1.1
- iOS 12.1.2 Release Notes, Changelog And Other Changes As Highlighted By Apple
- Jailbreak iOS 12.1.2 Status Update: Here’s What You Need To Know