Pwn20wnd and the team behind the unc0ver jailbreak have pushed out yet another beta release taking the jailbreak utility to version 3.0.0 beta 49 (v3.0.0~b49). The latest update offers a slew of fixes and stability improvements over previous versions.
One of the biggest concerns about unc0ver from its user base is that it generally comes with some stability concerns.
When you are using a tool on your extremely expensive smartphone, you want to have confidence that it isn’t going to cause any ongoing issues. Stability is a key part of gaining that confidence.
With this release, hopefully, stability will be improved and there will be no more random reboots or crashing apps.
The latest unc0ver beta (v3.0.0~b49) comes with the following changelog and official release notes to give would-be users an indication of what has been changed and what they can expect from this latest beta release:
- Fix overnight reboots or system memory resets triggered by mmaintenanced
- Fix freezing under low-memory conditions on iOS 12
- Fix freezing when loading tweaks or when securityd is being restarted on iOS 12
- Fix a kernel memory leak
- Fix a faulty sandbox patch
- Store offsets in the live kernel memory
- Optimize the code
- Improve the success rate of machswap and machswap2
- Don’t reboot after extracting bootstrap
- Fix a bug in logging
- Improve performance
- Improve assertion
- Update the APT lists cache file for repositories
For those who are interested in jailbreaking, or who have already used unc0ver on one of their compatible iOS devices, it is worthwhile downloading this latest 49th beta and re-jailbreaking the device to ensure that it comes with the latest stability improvements. It will also be a good experiment to determine if the device is noticeably more stable than it previously was on earlier versions of unc0ver.
As for additional support for Apple’s A12-A12X devices (iPhone XR, iPhone XS, iPad Pro), Pwn20wnd has tweeted to confirm that patience is required and that support will come once “Substrate is updated for amr64e.”
As the old adage says, and as the tweet confirms, “good things come to those who wait,” and in the jailbreak world. if device owners are used to one thing, it is definitely exercising patience and waiting.
You can grab the latest IPA from here: github.com/pwn20wndstuff/Undecimus/releases
If you haven’t jailbroken yet, check out our video tutorial below on how to jailbreak iOS 12:
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for more videos.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 12.2 Final IPSW Links And OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- Download: iOS 12.3 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released
- iOS 12 / 12.1.2 iPhone XS Max Jailbreak Update Provided By Unc0ver Lead Developer
- iOS 12.2 Jailbreak Status: Here’s What You Need To Know
- Jailbreak iOS 12 / 12.1.2 / 12.1.2 Beta 3 With Unc0ver And Install Cydia, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- How To Downgrade iOS 12.2 To iOS 12.1.4 On iPhone Or iPad