Netflix has today announced a new Basic with Ads plan, priced at $6.99 per month, that lets you watch most of the company’s content for less money than was previously possible.
There’s a slight catch to it though; you’ll need to watch some ads as part of the deal.
We’d known that Netflix was going to announce an ad-supported tier for a while, but now it’s here. For $6.99 per month subscribers will get a single 720p stream for their money, but they won’t be able to download any content for offline viewing.
That’s a pain for people who travel, for example, but it’s likely related to the way ads are inserted into content rather than Netflix penny-pinching.
As for those ads, Netflix says that an “average of 4 to 5 minutes of ads per hour,” which doesn’t sound too bad. There will be some content missing from the library due to licensing restrictions, but Netflix says that it is working on solving that. There’s no word on when that might happen, though.
The new Basic with Ads tier goes live on November 3 at 9 am PT in Australia, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Spain, the UK, and the US. Those who already pay for the Basic tier will also get a nice upgrade to 720p content, an increase from the previous 480p potato quality that they’ve been accustomed to.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 16.1 Beta 4 Released As Public Launch Nears
- How To Fix Bad iOS 16 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 16.0.3 On iPhone And iPad Status Update
- iOS 16 Compatible And Supported iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- iOS 16 Hidden Features: 100+ Changes Apple Didn’t Tell Us About
- Download: iOS 16.0.3 OTA Profile File, IPSW Links Released
- Download iOS 16 Final IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 13, Pro, 12, Pro, 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, Plus [Tutorial]
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.