Nintendo is going through the global rollout process of its latest game for Apple’s iOS platform; Mario Kart Tour. After a closed beta test spanning two countries, the Japanese business is finally giving the global public the game that it craves with a Mario Kart experience for iOS and Android.
It wasn’t that long ago that Nintendo didn’t really have any presence whatsoever in the world of mobile.
Now, it has some truly excellent titles available on various platforms, with Mario Kart Tour is one of the most looked forward too, especially given the global enthusiasm around the Mario Kart franchise and the fact that many passionate gamers are of the belief that it is one of the best games to ever be released in terms of excitement and addictive gameplay.
This particular variant of the Mario Kart franchise is set in the Mushroom Kingdom but follows a similar gameplay experience in that gamers take on various characters in various kart types and are tasked with beating their opponents to the finish line. And, of course, gamers can use drifts and items collected along the way to try and gain a competitive edge in their pursuit of racing glory and Mushroom Kingdom domination.
Given that this is a touchscreen experience for iPhone, iPad, and Android, device owners control their vehicle by sliding a finger across the screen to navigate the course and use a very simple tap to utilize and consume any item that they may have collected on the way.
For passionate Mario Kart gamers, the tracks and the environment will look familiar. Nintendo has decided not to break what clearly works for this franchise and has ensured that inspiration for the visuals has been taken from various historical versions of the game. Initially, the game will feature a New York-themed experience with Nintendo transition between themes every two weeks. Gamers will be able to play as Luigi, Toad, Shy Guy, Waluigi, Peach, Toadette, and others, with some of those characters needing to be unlocked via an in-app purchase. We have a feeling this could get expensive for a lot of the old-school Mario Kart faithful.
For the cash-rich out there, a Gold Pass will be offered at a cost of $4.99 per month, which will unlock the faster 200cc game mode and introduces a plethora of in-game tweaks. It will be interesting to see how successful a $4.99 per month game pass is considering Apple is offering unlimited access to 100s of games via Apple Arcade for the same financial outlay.
The game is offered as a free-of-charge download right now from the iOS App Store and Google Play.
Download: Mario Kart Tour for Android from Google Play
Download: Mario Kart Tour for iPhone and iPad from the App Store
You may also like to check out:
- Downgrade iOS 13.1 Final To 12.4.1 / 13.0, Here’s How
- Best iPhone 11, 11 Pro Max Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- iPhone 11 / 11 Pro Max Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- iOS 13, iPadOS Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- How To Fix iOS 13 Problems, Crashing Apps Issue And Other Bugs
- Install WhatsApp Web On iPad Thanks To iOS 13 And iPadOS 13.1
- Jailbreak iOS 13 / 13.1 Status Update [Continuously Updated With Latest Info]
- iOS 13.1 Jailbreak Update: Security Content Fixes And Patches Detailed By Apple
- Download: iPadOS 13.1 Final IPSW Link, OTA Update For iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad mini And More Released
- Download iOS 13.1 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone 11, Pro, XS, Max, XR, X, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, SE, iPod [Tutorial]
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.