Apple’s iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Pro are expected to be announced this year with the latter thought to be making a big change.
That change is the removal of the Action button and while it now seems that plans for solid-state volume and power buttons have been canned, it also appears that the Action button will live on.
Now, new renders shared by 9to5Mac appear to confirm that. They show the removal of the mute switch and the arrival of a new button that will likely be customizable.
The Action button debuted on the Apple Watch Ultra and it’s now set to make its way to the iPhone.
It still isn’t clear exactly what Apple will allow the Action button to do, but we can hope that it will do things like act as a shutter button for the Camera app, allow apps to be quickly launched, and more.
The renders also appear to show that the iPhone 15 Pro’s camera protrusion won’t be quite as big as we had first feared.
Previous renders showed the camera area to be raised in a more pronounced way than the iPhone 14 Pro. That now doesn’t appear to be the case.
Apple is expected to announce the iPhone 15 Pro and the rest of the iPhone 15 lineup during an event in September. The iPhones will then likely go on sale around a week or so later.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 16.4.1 OTA File, IPSW Links Out Now
- How To Fix Bad iOS 16 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 16.4.1 On iPhone And iPad Latest Status Update
- iOS 16 Compatible And Supported iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- iOS 16 Hidden Features: 100+ Changes Apple Didn’t Tell Us About
- Download: iPadOS 16.4 Final OTA File, IPSW Links Released
- Install macOS Ventura On Unsupported Macs Using OpenCore, Here’s How
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.