Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo has added yet more fuel to the fire that has the company deciding to ditch the charger that normally comes in every iPhone box. According to a research note picked up by MacRumors, Apple is nixing the charger altogether.
This is a rumor that has been circulating a fair bit of late and it still makes almost no sense to us, but it’s a rumor that’s impossible to ignore at this point. If Apple is truly doing away with the charger in the box, how will people charge their iPhones?
Kuo says Apple will sell a new 20W charger to them.
Kuo said that Apple will instead release a new 20W power adapter as an optional accessory for iPhones and end production of its existing 5W and 18W power adapters later this year. The form factor of the new 20W power adapter is said to be similar to the 18W version, with USB-C Power Delivery for fast charging…
We’ve already seen leaked images of what claims to be that 20W charger. Apple only recently started offering an 18w charger in the iPhone 11 Pro box, so the jump to 20W is odd. It may allow some iPhones to charge more quickly, but at what price? We don’t imagine this 20W charger being cheap, after all.
Apple is also rumored to be selling the iPhones without EarPods this year, something that makes a little more sense considering the popularity of AirPods right now.
Apple is set to announce the iPhone 12 lineup in September of October so we still have a few months to wait before we know exactly what Apple’s plans are. Whether those plans include a charger or not, we’ll have to wait and see.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 14 Beta 1 IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- iOS 14 Beta 1 Download IPSW Links, OTA Profile And iPadOS 14 Beta 1 For iPhone And iPad
- iOS 14 Beta 1 Profile File Download Without Dev Account, Here’s How
- iOS 14 Hidden Features On iPhone And iPad That You Don’t Know About [List]
- Download: iOS 13.6 Beta 2 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File, Beta 2 Of iPadOS 13.6 Released
- iOS 13.5.1 Downgrade No Longer Possible After Apple Stops Signing iOS 13.5 Jailbreak Firmware
- Jailbreak iOS 13.5.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Video Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 13.5 On iPhone 11, Pro Max, SE, iPad Pro, More Using Unc0ver 5.0.0 [Tutorial]
- Download: iOS 13.5.1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released For iPhone And iPad
- Jailbreak iOS 13.5 Without Or No Computer, Here’s How
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak