Apple seems to have magically produced more iPhone X stock to ease shipping times.
Customers who have previously ordered iPhone X units and were told a shipping estimate of 5-6 weeks, as well as those who have been browsing iPhone X on Apple’s website for new orders, are now seeing notifications and information which says that the device will ship in approximately 3-4 weeks.
That’s definitely great news for would-be iPhone X owners who didn’t manage to get a unit from the initial wave of stock produced for today’s big global launch. It’s even better news that the new and improved shipping times seem to apply to all device models, all colors, and with all carriers, meaning that there really is a choice for customers rather than having to be forced to decided if you get a larger capacity or a different color as shipping times are more agreeable. Those times mean that devices ordered now should start arriving between the last week of November and the start of December.
Many customers who already ordered iPhone X through Apple’s website or App Store app last week when pre-orders went live woke up this morning to email notifications advising of the new and improved delivery date. It’s likely that those are also conservative shipping estimates that Apple knows it can actually meet without issue. As more devices start to come off the production line and inventory rises, it is highly possible that the delivery times will be shortened again in the near future. We’re pretty sure no-one is going to complain about that as it means they get their device a lot quicker than anticipated.
We don’t exactly know how many initial units Apple instructed its supply chain to produce for this launch and the immediate aftermath. However, we do know that Apple CEO Tim Cook has already placed the instruction for production to be ramped up in order to keep up with the astronomical global demand for the device. Those instructions should hopefully put Apple in a better position to fulfill orders and get devices out to customers as quickly as is humanly possible. It should also mean that the company is in a strong position from a stock perspective going into the madness of Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and the festive period.
You may also like to check out:
- The Best iPhone X Ultra-Slim Cases That Don’t Break The Bank
- How To Take Screenshots On iPhone X With No Home Button
- DFU Mode On iPhone X / 8: Here’s How To Enter It
- Recovery Mode On iPhone X / 8: Here’s How To Enter It
- Check iPhone X Battery Percentage In Status Bar, Here’s How
- Download iOS 11.1 IPSW Links And OTA Update Of Final Version
- Downgrade iOS 11 / 11.1 On iPhone Or iPad [How-To Guide]
- Download iOS 11, 11.1, 11.0.3 Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1 / 11.0.3 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]