iOS 6 has just been released to the public, and if you’re just about to give the new firmware its first test on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, you may be wondering what some of the key new features are. On the face of it, the home screen looks essentially unchanged, but Apple has brought in many significant upgrades and enhancements to its iconic mobile operating system. We’ve compiled a detailed video running through these improvements, which you can check out after the jump.
Some of the new features in iOS 6 include:
- Improved Siri
- Siri for iPad 3 (iPhone 5 and iPod touch 5)
- Native Facebook integration
- 3D Maps + turn-by-turn navigation
- Do Not Disturb
- Improved Notification Center
- Photo Stream Sharing
- New and improved features in Phone app
- iCloud synced Tabs in Safari
- Reading List in Safari
- Full screen mode in Safari
- New native clock app for iPad
- Custom vibration options
- VIP Inbox + pull-to-refresh in Mail
- Support for Chinese services like Baidu search
- New Game Center challenges
- New Privacy Controls
- Guided Access
- New ‘Lost Mode’ for Find My Phone
- Support for FaceTime over Cellular
- Redesigned Stores
- Panorama feature in Camera app
- Improvements to the native Music and Weather apps
and lots more.
There are plenty of little changes provided with iOS 6, and if you catch the video in its entirety, we go through most of them.
Download iOS 6 from here. Here’s a complete guide on how to install iOS 6 on your device the right way. You can also read our complete review of iOS 6 here.
Good luck using iOS 6!
You can follow us on Twitter, add us to your circle on Google+ or like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple and the web.