It isn’t long now until Apple will make an official announcement regarding its 2018 iPhone lineup. Ahead of that announcement, like every other year, we are starting to see nuggets of information filter into the public domain, the latest of which suggests that Apple’s 6.5-inch “iPhone X Plus” will have an iPad-style landscape orientation for a number of first-party apps.
When Apple first took the opportunity to introduce the larger “Plus” sized iPhones with the iPhone 6 lineup, part of that design was ensuring that the larger screen real estate was used to its full potential when in landscape mode.
This included using the additional space to show additional information within first-party apps and almost treating it like it where a miniature iPad in terms of the app experienced provided. This continued with iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7 Plus and iPhone 8 Plus, and now, thanks to this latest information courtesy of Brazilian site iHelpBR, it looks as though Apple is going to treat the 6.5-inch iPhone X model exactly the same.
The site in question has used the latest beta version of iOS 12 and Xcode 10 to force an iOS Simulator to run at a higher resolution of 2688-by-1242 and then rotated that Simulator instance into landscape mode.
The result, which can be seen from the screenshots, is that a number of Apple’s first-party apps still work in landscape mode, as expected, but include additional information, and a tweaked user-interface to provide the device owner with more info at a glance. This is exactly how iPhone 6/6s/7/8 Plus all perform, and have inherited that behavior from the iPad.
As an example, Apple’s Calendar app contains a more informative split screen experience with the month and all events for a given day shown in one single view. The Contacts app has the ability to scroll through all saved contacts but also shows the granular information about a selected entry.
For those who prefer the ability to see more information on an iPad-style device but who also want to be able to carry that around in their pocket on a daily basis, it seems like the high-end 2018 iPhone X “Plus” will offer that experience.
Just be prepared to pay top dollar for the luxury.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 12 Beta 5 IPSW Links, OTA Update Now
- Jailbreak iOS 11.4.1 Update: Brandon Azad To Release Exploit For iOS 11.4 Which Is Fixed In New Firmware
- Jailbreak iOS 11.4 Beta 3 On iPhone X, 8, 7 Using Electra, Here’s How [Guide]
- Downgrade To iOS 11.4 Beta 3, 2, 1 IPSW Download And Jailbreak Using Electra Now Possible
- Download iOS 11.4.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- Download iOS 12 Beta 5 Configuration Profile File Without Developer Account
- Download iOS 12 Beta 5 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]