Huawei is having quite the week, and now it’s woes are going from worse to worse after it was confirmed that the SD Association has barred Huawei.
That essentially means the company is no longer allowed to put microSD or SD are slots into any of its products, whether notebook computers or smartphones.
The SD Association isn’t one that you will come across very often, but it’s the outfit that decides whether companies are able to use its standards and those are needed in order to install card readers into devices. If a company isn’t part of the membership pool, it can’t use anything bound by the Association. At least, not officially.
Speaking with Android Authority, the SD Association confirmed that the move was as a direct result of the recent US Executive Order that banned US companies from working with Huawei. Devices with the hardware already installed are obviously unaffected, but moving forward things could become very awkward indeed.
To add further complication, Nikkei reports that Huawei finds itself “temporarily restricted” from the Wi-Fi Alliance, the firm that deals with the Wi-Fi standards products use. That doesn’t mean that the company can’t use Wi-Fi components in any of its products, but simply that it won’t be able to have any input into the standards that are set for Wi-Fi use moving forward.
This all follows news that Google, ARM, and other companies have ceased to work with Huawei within the last week.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 12.2 Final IPSW Links And OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- Download: iOS 12.3 Beta 3 IPSW Links, OTA Update Out Now
- iOS 12 / 12.1.2 iPhone XS Max Jailbreak Update Provided By Unc0ver Lead Developer
- iOS 12.2 Jailbreak Status: Here’s What You Need To Know
- Jailbreak iOS 12 / 12.1.2 / 12.1.2 Beta 3 With Unc0ver And Install Cydia, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- How To Downgrade iOS 12.2 To iOS 12.1.4 On iPhone Or iPad