Apple’s iPhone X is not going to be available for people to buy for another week, and even as we do finally edge nearer to its release, it does feel like a world away because of all the shortages that we have been hearing about.
If you’re waiting to get your hands on the latest hotness to come out of Apple then the wait is excruciating, but sometimes picking up a brand new $999 smartphone simply isn’t possible, so what if you want to give your existing iPhone 6 or iPhone 6s a new look, particularly a look that strongly resembles that iPhone X we are all lusting after? As always, where there is a will, there’s a way.
YouTuber EverythingApplePro has shared a new video in which he details just how to make an older iPhone look similar – though obviously not identical – to an iPhone X. The process requires a two-pronged attack, with both hardware and software needed to try and make the illusion seem as real as possible. Starting with the hardware, the YouTuber was able to get his hands on a couple of kits that are designed to replace the rear panel of an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6s with something that more closely resembles an iPhone X, down to a fake vertical camera setup on the back. This obviously means that you need to take a screwdriver to your iPhone and start disassembling it, so it is definitely not for the squeamish.
If you do follow through though, the end result can be pretty impressive.
Hardware is of course only part of the equation though, so if you want to change your Lock screen, Dock and other iOS elements to more closely resemble the iPhone X’s specific brand of iOS 11 then you’re going to need to jailbreak. The video also outlines the tweaks you will need to use in order to get the full effect, and there is even one that will five you a faux notch at the top of the screen, just as the real iPhone X does.
This is of course not something everyone will want to do, but if you have a spare iPhone hanging around and the inclination to do what is required, this is certainly one way of owning an iPhone that we almost guarantee none of your friends will.
Be sure to check the video out below for all the details.
You may also like to check out:
- Kodi 18 Leia Nightly iOS 11 IPA Download For iPhone Released
- Covenant Kodi Addon Download Not Working? Fix It By Installing It The Right Way, Here’s How
- iOS 11.1 Beta 4 Changes, Release Notes, Changelog: What’s New?
- Download iOS 11.1 Beta 4 IPSW Links And OTA, watchOS 4.1 Beta 4 For Testing
- iTransmission 5 iOS 11 IPA Download On iPhone Or iPad [No Jailbreak Required]
- How To Downgrade iOS 11.0.3 / 11 To iOS 10.3.3 / iOS 10 [Tutorial]
- Download iOS 11, 11.0.3, 11.1 Links & Install On iPhone 8, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.0.3 / 11.0.2 / 11.0.1 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
You can follow us on Twitter, add us to your circle on Google+ or like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple and the Web.