You read the headline and you’re wondering how amazing animated wallpapers would look on your jailbroken device? Well, let us tell you, they would look seriously insane! And we’re going to show you exactly how you can get them up and running.
First thing’s first, you are going to need to be jailbroken on an iOS 11 device in order to go through this process. That means you will need to be running iOS 11.0 through to iOS 11.3.1, or even iOS 11.4 beta 3 if you took the opportunity to get jailbroken on that particular version of Apple’s firmware.
Let’s jump right in and take a look at the process:
Step 1: Launch Cydia on your device, wait for packages to refresh and then head into the section that allows you to add a new repository to your Cydia install. Add the following URL: http://repo.hackyouriphone.org.
Step 2: Select Add Source and then select Add Anyway if Cydia gives you a warning message.
Step 3: Wait for the new packages within the added repository to refresh. Select the Search functionality and then search for vWallpaper 2. Yes it’s an old tweak but it has just been updated with iOS 11.3.1/11.4 jailbreak support.
Step 4: Select the vWallpaper 2 for iOS 11 package and then install it using the Install button at the top of the Cydia interface.
Step 5: Once the device has restarted, launch the vWallpaper package and select Manage Current Theme. You will see that you have the option of LOCKSCREEN: VIDEO and SPRINGBOARD: VIDEO. Simply enable whichever one you prefer and then choose the new Settings option which appears.
Step 6: Within Settings, you will have the option of choosing the animated video that you want to play on either the Lock or Home screen of the Springboard. Once you select a video and kill the app, the device will automatically respring with the animated wallpaper gracing your phone.
And that’s all that she wrote! You will now have the beautiful animated wallpaper in place that brings a whole new dynamic dimension to the jailbroken device. And, if you get sick of it, or just want to change it, you can head back into the vWallpaper app and disable the functionality entirely with the toggle switch or just change the video to a different one that has been downloaded and made available.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 12 Beta 5 IPSW Links, OTA Update Now
- Jailbreak iOS 11.4.1 Update: Brandon Azad To Release Exploit For iOS 11.4 Which Is Fixed In New Firmware
- Jailbreak iOS 11.4 Beta 3 On iPhone X, 8, 7 Using Electra, Here’s How [Guide]
- Downgrade To iOS 11.4 Beta 3, 2, 1 IPSW Download And Jailbreak Using Electra Now Possible
- Download iOS 11.4.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- Download iOS 12 Beta 5 Configuration Profile File Without Developer Account
- Download iOS 12 Beta 5 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]