Is Cydia crashing for you on iOS 12, 12.1.1, 12.1.2 unc0ver jailbreak? Here’s how to fix those crashes on your jailbroken iPhone or iPad.
So you have jailbroken your device using unc0ver jailbreak, and have found out that Cydia is crashing for you after jailbreak, if that is the situation you have found yourself in, then here’s what you need to know.
In case you don’t already know, unc0ver, like most recent jailbreak releases, is a semi-untethered jailbreak which means it will run only when device is put into jailbreak mode. The thing with semi-untethered jailbreaks is that upon every reboot, device is back into non-jailbroken state, which makes semi-untethered jailbreaks such as unc0ver and Cydia crash until and unless device is put back into jailbreak mode.
So if Cydia is crashing for you, all you need to do is to put the device back into jailbreak mode. To do this, simply run unc0ver jailbreak app and run the jailbreak again. Upon completion, the device will respring and will be back into jailbroken mode.
Now if you run Cydia, you will find it running with no crashing issue. One more important thing to note is that depending on how you installed/sideloaded unc0ver jailbreak app, it will usually need to be resigned and resideloaded every seven days. This is because if you used free Apple ID to sideload it using Cydia Impactor, the certificate will only be valid for seven days due to restriction placed by Apple. Now if you used a paid developer or enterprise account to install it, then it will last for an year or more before being required to be sideloaded again. If you don’t do this, you will find that even unc0ver app will crash or stop working unless and until you resign and resideload it.
Hope this clears it. Happy jailbreaking!
You may also like to check out:
- Downgrade iOS 12.1.4 To iOS 12.1.1 Beta 3 For Jailbreak [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 12 / 12.1.2 / 12.1.2 Beta 3 With Unc0ver And Install Cydia, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 12.1.4 Using Luca’s WebKit Exploit May Soon Be Possible
- Download iOS 12.1.4 IPSW Links, OTA Update With Critical FaceTime Bug Patch
- Download iOS 12.2 Beta 3 IPSW Links, OTA Update For Your iPad Or iPhone
- Best Galaxy S10 / S10+ / S10e Case List: Here Are The Must-Haves For Protection
- Galaxy S10 / S10+ / S10e Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones