If you own an iPhone X that has an issue with its Face ID functionality resulting in “Face ID Is Not Available” error then you may be able to get a whole new phone when you visit an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider following a change in policy.
Previously, Apple would only offer a display replacement in cases where Face ID issues were being experienced, but technicians are now authorized to offer entire device replacements in such situations.
If users do go into stores with devices exhibiting Face ID issues then technicians are advised to first run the device through a suite of camera diagnostics in order to decide whether a hardware replacement can be made without offering a whole new iPhone X, but if an issue does persist then a new phone can be offered, according to a new support document obtained by the folks over at MacRumors.
Somewhat oddly, the document suggests that technicians should run the tests on the phone’s rear camera, although the reasons for this are unclear and Apple has not commended publicly. Why the rear camera could impact Face ID functionality is something that Apple has not made clear.
In order to provide the best customer experience, if a customer reports that their iPhone X is having Face ID issues, you may be able to resolve the issue with a rear camera repair. Run AST 2 on the customer’s device to check the camera. If the diagnostics find issue with the camera, perform the repair to see if the issue is resolved. If the issue is not resolved, perform a whole unit replacement instead of a same-unit display repair.
If you find that your Face ID features are not behaving as they should then we suggest making an appointment at your local Genius Bar or Apple Authorized Service Provider.
You may also like to check out:
- PUBG Mobile 0.5.0 APK, iOS Download Of English Version Release Is Imminent
- Jailbreak iOS 11.3.1: SEP Compatible With iOS 11.3, Here’s What That Means For Future Jailbreak
- iOS 11.4 Beta 4 Download Release Date: Here’s When To Expect
- Fortnite 4.0 Season 4 With Patch Notes Released, Here’s What Is New
- Download Windows 10 April 2018 Update 1803 ISO
- Jailbreak iOS 11.3 / 11.3.1 / 11.2.6 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Download iOS 11.3.1 IPSW Links, OTA Update With Fix For Third-Party Screen Repair Issue
You can follow us on Twitter, add us to your circle on Google+ or like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple and the Web.