With people getting things delivered to their homes more than ever it’s unfortunately the case that people are also finding that people like to steal items left on their doorsteps. That’s where the new eufy SmartDrop comes in, with the idea being that deliveries are left inside the box to prevent them from going missing.
Wondering how you’ll know when you have a parcel? There’s a camera inside the box, among other things.
Enter eufy Security’s SmartDrop mailbox, an intelligent solution for protecting your packages. Designed to be idiot-proof for your delivery man, the on-device AI and 1080p camera lets you view and keep track of each delivery from start to finish. Should the courier encounter any issues, you can jump to the live-stream and communicate with them via the 2-way audio. Built using cold-rolled steel and with advanced locking mechanisms, this device will fend off and deter any potential porch pirate lurking in the distance.
Porch pirates sound way more fun than they really are!
Everything is handled by a built-in battery that can be recharged. Unlocking is handled via a keypad that can accept your PIN code, too. Unfortunately, there’s no support for Apple’s HomeKit, however.
The new SmartDrop box is now available via Kickstarter and it’s already blown through its $50,000 starting goal. You can still get in on the action though – the SmartDrop will retail for $299 eventually, but you can get one for just $149 if you’re quick.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 14 Beta 1 IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Download: iOS 14 Beta 6 IPSW Links, OTA Profile & iPadOS 14 Beta 6 Released
- Get iOS 14 Beta 6 Profile File Download Without Dev Account, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 13.6.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Video Guide]
- Downgrade iOS 13.6.1 To iOS 13.6, Here’s How [Guide]
- Download: iOS 13.6.1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released Along With iPadOS 13.6.1
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.