Here’s how to download and install GBC.emu IPA of Game Boy Color emulator app on your iOS 10 iPhone or iPad. There’s no jailbreak required for this installation to work.
Like many other emulators that came before it, this particular solution found fame when it was available as a tweak for jailbroken devices through the Cydia platform. The app comes with the ability to select different color palettes whilst playing games, as well as advanced features like having to save and resume support to ensure that game progress isn’t lost. Let’s dive right in and see how to get it install on non-jailbroken devices.
Step 1: Before you can even think about getting the GBC.emu app onto your device, you are going to need to be in possession of the installable IPA file. For those that don’t know, this is the iOS equivalent of an APK on Android and is what gets installed on the iPhone. You can grab the IPA from here.
Step 2: With the IPA in your possession, you now need to go through the process of getting it installed onto the device in question. Pick your preferred route of installation from the options below and follow the process through. Once it has been installed, jump back in here to continue.
- Official method – Mac only [Xcode 7 or higher]: How To Sideload iOS Apps Without Jailbreak Using Xcode 7 For Free
- Windows or Mac [Cydia Impactor]: Sideload iOS Apps On Windows, Mac With Cydia Impactor Without Jailbreak, Here’s How
Step 3: Welcome back! You now need to tell the iOS platform that you trust this app and that it is okay to actually execute it. To do this, launch Settings on the device and navigate to General > Profiles & Device Management.
Step 4: Select the profile assigned to the recently installed app and tap into it. You will instantly see that it has a Trust option in the middle. Tap on that and then tap on Trust again when the confirmation alert appears.
And that is literally all that she wrote. You should now be able to exit out of the Settings app and back to the Home screen of the device. Tap on the GBC.emu app to launch it just like any other app. You’ll now have access to all of its functionality.
Enjoy the classic Game Boy Color games on your iPhone or iPad!
You may also like to check out:
- How To Use Apple AirPods With CarPlay
- Disable Touch ID In iOS 11 iPhone Quickly Without Reboot, Here’s How
- Download LibreELEC Kodi 17.4 Krypton 8.1.0 Beta
- PhoenixNonce Lets 64-Bit iOS 9.3.5 Users Restore To Any Firmware With SHSH2 Blobs
- Download iOS 11 Beta 6 & Install On iPhone 7, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 10.3.3 / 10.3.2 / 10.3.1 / 10.3 For iPhone And iPad [Latest Status Update]