Cydia creator Jay Freeman, also-known-as saurik, has popped up and blindsided the jailbreak community by releasing a new version of Cydia Substrate.
As a period of inactivity and silence, the man commonly referred to as the ‘Godfather of Jailbreaking’ has updated Substrate to offer iOS 13 support, which includes fixing a disastrous mach port name leak issue.
This latest Cydia Substrate release will come as somewhat of a shock to a lot of people who simply weren’t expecting saurik to miraculously re-appear with a fix. Not one to announce his intentions and/or solid timelines, Freeman has somewhat of a habit of keeping things to himself and then fitting in required work when his schedule permits. This release of Cydia Substrate – which takes the software to version 0.9.7100 – appears to be no different.
The latest Substrate release not only takes its versioning to the aforementioned 0.9.7100 but also includes a number of important compatibility improvements and fixes, as outlined by one of the developers on the Checkra1n jailbreak team, Sam Binger:
Saurik has updated mobilesubstrate to fix the issue where it would stop hooking after an indeterminate period. It was found to be due to a mach port name leak that would cause it to no longer be able to modify processes after spawning somewhere around 50,000 processes. I’ve tested it with a few hundred thousand processes and it’s been clean.
The vernacular “it’s been clean” would seem to suggest that the fix has worked as expected and tests have been able to successfully go beyond the previous limitations of Substrate as far as spawning and handing processes were concerned. Binger then goes on to confirm that the versioning is now “non-beta” and that the latest Substrate update is available via elucubratus for those using a non-A12 Apple device.
If you are jailbroken, you should be able to launch Cydia, wait for the packages to refresh and then get immediate access to the latest update directly via Cydia. We’re pretty sure that the community wasn’t expecting an update and release of this nature from saurik but it’s definitely one that is going to be welcomed with open arms. Bug fixes and official iOS 13 compatibilities are things to celebrate.
If you haven’t jailbroken yet, check out our video tutorial below on how to jailbreak iOS 13.3:
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for more videos.
You may also like to check out:
- Checkra1n For Windows Alternative: How To Use Ra1nUSB For iOS 13.3 Jailbreak
- Download: iOS 13.3 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update And iPadOS 13.3 For Compatible Devices
- Download: iOS 13.3.1 Beta 1 OTA Profile, IPSW Links Released For iPhone And iPad
- Downgrade iOS 13.3 To iOS 13.2.3 For Checkra1n Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3 / 13.3.1 On iPhone 11, 11 Pro Max, XS, More With New tfp0 Exploit Will Be Possible Soon
- iOS 13 / 13.2.2 Jailbreak Tweaks Compatibility List For Checkra1n
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.